Advantages of the Internet
* E-mail: E-mail is an online correspondence system. With e-mail you can send and receive instant electronic messages, which works like writing letters. Your messages are delivered instantly to people anywhere in the world, unlike traditional mail that takes a lot of time.
* Access Information: The Internet is a virtual treasure trove of information. Any kind of information on any topic under the sun is available on the Internet. The ‘search engines’ on the Internet can help you to find data on any subject that you need.
* Shopping: Along with getting information on the Internet, you can also shop online. There are many online stores and sites that can be used to look for products as well as buy them using your credit card. You do not need to leave your house and can do all your shopping from the convenience of your home.
* Online Chat: There are many ‘chat rooms’ on the web that can be accessed to meet new people, make new friends, as well as to stay in touch with old friends.
* Downloading Software: This is one of the most happening and fun things to do via the Internet. You can download innumerable, games, music, videos, movies, and a host of other entertainment software from the Internet, most of which are free.
Disadvantages of the Internet
There are certain cons and dangers relating to the use of Internet that can be summarized as:
* Personal Information: If you use the Internet, your personal information such as your name, address, etc. can be accessed by other people. If you use a credit card to shop online, then your credit card information can also be ‘stolen’ which could be akin to giving someone a blank check.
* Pornography: This is a very serious issue concerning the Internet, especially when it comes to young children. There are thousands of pornographic sites on the Internet that can be easily found and can be a detriment to letting children use the Internet.
* Spamming: This refers to sending unsolicited e-mails in bulk, which serve no purpose and unnecessarily clog up the entire system.
If you come across any illegal activity on the Internet, such as child pornography or even spammers, then you should report these people and their activities so that they can be controlled and other people deterred from carrying them out. Child pornography can be reported to:
* Your Internet service provider
* Local police station
* Cyber Angels (program to report cyber crime)
Such illegal activities are frustrating for all Internet users, and so instead of just ignoring it, we should make an effort to try and stop these activities so that using the Internet can become that much safer. That said, the advantages of the Internet far outweigh the disadvantages, and millions of people each day benefit from using the Internet for work and for pleasure.
The foremost target of internet has always been the communication. And internet has excelled beyond the expectations .Still; innovations are going on to make it faster, more reliable. By the advent of computer’s Internet, our earth has reduced and has attained the form of a global village.
Now we can communicate in a fraction of second with a person who is sitting in the other part of the world. Today for better communication, we can avail the facilities of e-mail; we can chat for hours with our loved ones. There are plenty messenger services in offering. With help of such services, it has become very easy to establish a kind of global friendship where you can share your thoughts, can explore other cultures of different ethnicity.
Information is probably the biggest advantage internet is offering. The Internet is a virtual treasure trove of information. Any kind of information on any topic under the sun is available on the Internet. The search engines like Google, yahoo is at your service on the Internet. You can almost find any type of data on almost any kind of subject that you are looking for. There is a huge amount of information available on the internet for just about every subject known to man, ranging from government law and services, trade fairs and conferences, market information, new ideas and technical support, the list is end less.
Students and children are among the top users who surf the Internet for research. Today, it is almost required that students should use the Internet for research for the purpose of gathering resources. Teachers have started giving assignments that require research on the Internet. Almost every coming day, researches on medical issues become much easier to locate. Numerous web sites available on the net are offering loads of information for people to research diseases and talk to doctors online at sites such as, America’s Doctor. During 1998 over 20 million people reported going online to retrieve health information.
Entertainment is another popular raison d'être why many people prefer to surf the Internet. In fact, media of internet has become quite successful in trapping multifaceted entertainment factor. Downloading games, visiting chat rooms or just surfing the Web are some of the uses people have discovered. There are numerous games that may be downloaded from the Internet for free. The industry of online gaming has tasted dramatic and phenomenal attention by game lovers. Chat rooms are popular because users can meet new and interesting people. In fact, the Internet has been successfully used by people to find life long partners. When people surf the Web, there are numerous things that can be found. Music, hobbies, news and more can be found and shared on the Internet.
Many services are now provided on the internet such as online banking, job seeking, purchasing tickets for your favorite movies, guidance services on array of topics engulfing the every aspect of life, and hotel reservations. Often these services are not available off-line and can cost you more.
Ecommerce is the concept used for any type of commercial maneuvering, or business deals that involves the transfer of information across the globe via Internet. It has become a phenomenon associated with any kind of shopping, almost anything. You name it and Ecommerce with its giant tentacles engulfing every single product and service will make you available at your door steps. It has got a real amazing and wide range of products from household needs, technology to entertainment.
Theft of Personal information
If you use the Internet, you may be facing grave danger as your personal information such as name, address, credit card number etc. can be accessed by other culprits to make your problems worse.
Spamming refers to sending unwanted e-mails in bulk, which provide no purpose and needlessly obstruct the entire system. Such illegal activities can be very frustrating for you, and so instead of just ignoring it, you should make an effort to try and stop these activities so that using the Internet can become that much safer.
Virus is nothing but a program which disrupts the normal functioning of your computer systems. Computers attached to internet are more prone to virus attacks and they can end up into crashing your whole hard disk, causing you considerable headache.
This is perhaps the biggest threat related to your children’s healthy mental life. A very serious issue concerning the Internet. There are thousands of pornographic sites on the Internet that can be easily found and can be a detrimental factor to letting children use the Internet.
Though, internet can also create havoc, destruction and its misuse can be very fatal, the advantages of it outweigh its disadvantages.
Rabu, 28 April 2010
Advantages of the Internet
written by Iz at 3:34 PTG
Sabtu, 16 Januari 2010
QURAN DAN KITA
“Quran? Aku bukannya pandai sangat baca al-quran, buat malu saja kalau baca depan orang nanti.”
Sedar atau tidak, inilah pemikiran yang sering tertanam dalam jiwa sesetengah manusia
yang mengakui dirinya seorang ‘muslim’. Bersoraklah sang syaitan penuh kegembiraan apabila seorang Muslim ‘melarikan diri’ daripada kalam Tuhannya sendiri, Quranul Kareem. Mengapa perlu takut sedangkan Al-Quran itu sendiri adalah suatu rahmat Allah yang agung bagi hamba-hamba-Nya?
Sekilas tentang kelebihan Al-Quran dan Pengamalnya
1. Rasullah s.a.w. bersabda, (maksudnya):
" Aku tinggalkan kepada kamu dua perkara yang jika kamu berpegang padanya tidaklah kamu akan sesat selamanya iaitu kitab Allah (Al-Quran) dan sunnah rasulnya."
(Hadith Hasan, riwayat Malik dalam Muwatha no.898 dan Hakim dalam Mustadrak no.63).
2. Daripada Abi Musa al-Asy’ari, beliau berkata, Nabi s.a.w. bersabda (yang bermaksud):
“Perumpamaan bagi orang Mukmin yang membaca Al-Quran adalah seperti *al-utrujjah, rasanya enak baunya harum. Manakala perumpamaan orang Mukmin yang tidak membca al-Quran adalah seperti buah kurma, meskipun rasanya sedap tetapi tiada baunya,”
*Al-utrujjah : sejenis buah limau yang mempunyai bau yang wangi dan sedap di samping rasanya yang enak.
Terlalu banyak hadith yang menceritakan kelebihan dan mukjizat Al-Quran. Bahkan, Allah s.w.t. memberikan ganjaran bagi setiap huruf Al-Quran yang dibaca. Wajarkah lagi jika kita masih kedekut menggunakan kurniaan Allah untuk membacanya?
andai terasa masih jahil membaca Al-Quran, usahakanlah untuk menguasainya dengan belajar - InsyaAlllah, berlipat ganda pahalanya.
Andai telah tahu membacanya namun tatkala sesekali membacanya lidah masih terasa gagap, usahakanlah melaziminya, memahaminya dan mengamalkannya.
Jadikan Al-Quran dekat di mata, lekat di hati.
written by Iz at 7:44 PTG
Khamis, 9 April 2009
melayan karenah sahabat..
rajinnya kalian menge'tag' daku~
tau2 ja dah berhabuk button 'new post' iz kat blog ni.. (aii.. ada habuk ka? :P)
1. Go to your photos folder in your computer.
2. Go to the 9th folder of photos.
3. Go to the 9th picture in that folder.
4. Put the picture on your blog and description of it.
5. Invite six friends to join the challenge.
6. Link them in your blog and let them know they have been challenged.
haha.. nasib baik laptop ni kekurangan gambar2 manusia, gambar diri sendiri apatahlagi~
step 5, 6.. skipped~
p/s : pening.. masih mencari 'style bacaan Quran' baru yang serasi dengan jiwa ini~hee (bacaan tartil)
written by Iz at 7:06 PTG
Selasa, 6 Januari 2009
Tabir 2009 telah pun menjelma.. Tahun berganti tahun.. Bila difikir2kan kembali.. tahun 2008 ialah tahun yang paling Iz sia-siakan. 2009, tidak lagi harap2nya.. Tanggungjawab semakin bertambah+Jadual pun makin 'packed'. 'Exam' tahun ni jauh lebih penting.. Rasanya cukuplah Iz bersengkang mata depan laptop~ N Iz sendiri amik keputusan utk hadkan blogging dan berforum, maafah sekiranya Iz takkan update blog ni or ziarah blog kawan2 untuk jangkamasa yang lama.. n maybe xkan join forum2 lagi =)
written by Iz at 8:19 PTG
Sabtu, 3 Januari 2009
Tahun baru? Hm..dah melangkah ke tahun 2009 rupanya.. Maknanya..
Maknanya apa? Usia kita semakin lanjut + Semakin hampir kita dengan kematian..
Iz tertarik dengan sebuah thread ni iluvislam.com : Jika Hari Ini Hari Terakhir Anda : Apakah Yang Anda Akan Lakukan?
Mustahil ada manusia yang inginkan kebinasaan di alam SANA.. Saat itu.. tak siapa dapat
menolong.. walaupun kekasih hati yang mengaku sehidup semati… walaupun sahabat yang paling akrab.. walaupun orang yang paling kita sayang… Yang akan dinilai hanyalah amalan
(agak2 dah cukup ke kita buat baik?)
Tahun baru ni.. macam2 azam yang dpt kita lihat dan dengar darpada orang di sekeliling kita. Mostly akan berazam utk memperbaiki diri dan amalan. Itulah titik pangkal azam sesiapapun.. persoalannya.. adakah akan tercapai cita2 dan azam tersebut? Atau hanya pada 3 jam pertama sahaja azam itu dilaksanakan? InsyaAllah.. boleh, kalau Allah menjadi matlamat anda!
-diri ini pun tak pernah sempurna-